- Python aficionado (both Monty's and Guido's versions)
- Regex hobbyist
- Avid musician (piano, drums and percussion, currently playing with the Symphony Orchestra and the Jazz Band of the University of Applied Sciences in Ulm)
My professional life so far:
- Studied medicine in Freiburg (Germany), Zürich (Switzerland) and Seattle, WA
- Worked as a doctor in Internal and Intensive Care Medicine, then switched to Microbiology, Virology and Epidemiology
- Always loved chasing bugs (microbial and logical)
- Back to school a few years ago for an MBA in Hospital Management
- Since 2010: Working as a Professor of Medicine and Health Technologies at the University of Applied Sciences in Ulm, teaching in the faculty of Computer Science (yeah, sounds weird, I know)
If you're interested in a (German) BSc program in Health Information Management, where you'll learn about the intricate connections between IT, management, and medicine, check out our homepage!
Funny StackOverflow achievements:
- Winner of the gold Java badge despite never having written a single program in this language. (Being a regex one-trick pony pays off in unexpected ways :))
- Winner of the Populist badge for an answer that outscored another answer by myself
- Sole owner (at least from May 2013 to November 2016) of the regex-negation badge
This user hasn’t posted yet.