I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and two years experience as a "Software Engineer" in medical device research and development. I'm proficient in a couple languages; Java, C++, Pascal. I've had a passing experience with countless others (but since I don't actively practice they are now mostly forgotten).
I've been coding since I was a kid - sometimes I do it for "fun" (but less and less). My first language was BASIC on an Apple II. Then I was really into "softcoding" for text based games (MU*), and then into "web design". My first programming class was in highschool; we were taught TurboPascal, followed by VisualBasic.
At university the languages used to teach computer science were C, Java, and Scheme. I also took a CIS course (through the college of business) where I learned some C# (but wasn't too impressed with the program; I would much rather ponder "what is computable").
In my brief professional experience I've worked mainly with C++ (Qt) and Delphi to create nice user interfaces. I had a brief experience with LAMP based webapps (and later with Spring 3 MVC). None of that really interests me (but thats what was required).
Currently I'm into Android development - its a hobby. I like to create things. I want those things to be useful. That work is available on fdroid (and the code on github).
Member for 5 years, 11 months
0 profile views
Last seen Nov 20 '15 at 20:44
Top network posts
- 82 How to draw border on just one side of a linear layout?
- 78 Getting default padding for AlertDialog
- 24 How to remove border only from one side of the element?
- 16 SVG Scale Animation from Center Point instead of Upper-Left Corner
- 11 Java read txt file to hashmap, split by ":"
- 7 QObject::connect: No such signal
- 5 What statement is true for this piece of code?
- View more network posts →