Contae Átha Cliath, Éire.
Member for 7 years, 2 months
Questions (and answers): (Help us to help you!)
GOOD questions tend to get good answers (and vice versa).
BEFORE asking a question, have you:
- taken the tour (< 1 minute)?
- grasped the dba.se Zeitgeist (what's it's all about ~ 15 mins)?
- checked that your question is on-topic (< 1 minute)?
To ask a good question please look here:
a good witty overview.
the MVCE - Minimum, Complete and Verifiable Example. See also the Short, Self Contained, Correct (Compilable), Example site.
for performance queries.
Below here is a Work in Progress!
Query Performance questions:
PostgreSQL oriented, but definitely worth a look.
There are surprisingly few good links on how to answer technical questions - I'll leave the final word on answering to the man who has > 1M points on StackOverflow.
- Database Administrators 25.4k 25.4k 66 gold badges5656 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 558 558 66 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 491 491 11 gold badge44 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- French Language 483 483 11 gold badge44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 152 152 66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 119 Difference between On Delete Cascade & On Update Cascade in mysql
- 75 How to check foreign keys related to a table
- 65 Export Postgres table as json
- 48 If NoSQL stands for "Not only SQL", is SQL a subset of NoSQL?
- 47 Are composite primary keys bad practice?
- 36 Why is the default page size for databases so small?
- 32 Why should a key be made explicit?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.