Stack Exchange is a fast-growing network of 85+ question and answer sites on diverse topics from software programming to cooking to photography and gaming. We build libraries of high-quality questions and answers, focused on the most important topics in each area of expertise. From our core of Q&A, to community blogs and real-time chat, we provide experts with the tools they need to make The Internet a better place. Learn more about us...
During his keynote speech at the 2007 PAX (Penny Arcade Expo), Wheaton made a note about sportsmanship when playing games online. It has since become known as Wheaton's rule or law, which states "Don't be a dick!"¹ This was intended to apply to life in general, not just online gaming.²
A revision of Wheaton's law is an expansion by comics artist and writer Bill Willingham, which states: "Don't be a dick, but it's okay to play one on TV."³
Member for 7 years, 2 months
2 profile views
Last seen May 13 '16 at 18:57
- Arqade 9.8k 9.8k 3232 gold badges8585 silver badges137137 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 5.3k 5.3k 88 gold badges5454 silver badges9191 bronze badges
- Anime & Manga 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge99 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Software Recommendations 890 890 22 gold badges1010 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 67 Unable to evaluate expression because the code is optimized or a native frame is on top of the call stack
- 61 How to generate a new GUID?
- 50 How can I stop Steam from loading when I start my computer?
- 40 What is the "Black Mushroom" item used for?
- 37 Auto indentation plugin for Notepad++
- 31 What’s the correct way to refer to “the Doctor”?
- 28 Are class-specific weapons better than other weapon?
- View more network posts →