Hi, I'm Oli and I'm a "full-stack" web-dev-op. Eurgh. I'm also allergic to jargon BS.
I spend most of my professional time writing Django websites and webapps for SMEs. I write a lot of Python outside of Django sites too. I administer various Linux servers for various tasks. I contribute to the open source projects that I use when I can.
I'm a full-time Linux user and that has lead to helping other people live the dream. I am an official Ubuntu Member and I earnt my ♦ on SE's own Ask Ubuntu in 2011's moderator election. That's probably where I spend most of my unpaid time.
I also run thepcspy.com which has been my place to write for the last decade or so.
If you need to contact me for extended help, you can do so via my website, just remember that I have bills so if I feel your request is above and beyond normal duty, I might ask for remuneration for one-on-one support. For more social contact, you can usually find me (or just my computer) lurking in the Ask Ubuntu General Chat Room and on Freenode in #ubuntu and #ubuntu-uk under the handle Oli or Oli``.
England, United Kingdom
Member for 7 years, 5 months
3 profile views
Last seen Sep 14 '15 at 14:56
- Ask Ubuntu♦ 270.5k 270.5k 106106 gold badges637637 silver badges807807 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 218.1k 218.1k 6161 gold badges207207 silver badges288288 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 14.1k 14.1k 77 gold badges3939 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 7k 7k 11 gold badge2323 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.7k 1.7k 1616 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 10796 What is the correct JSON content type?
- 2486 Converting string into datetime
- 630 Preserve bash history in multiple terminal windows
- 485 Unity doesn't load, no Launcher, no Dash appears
- 483 Should I use 'border: none' or 'border: 0'?
- 463 How to send email attachments?
- 447 How to set the authorization header using cURL
- View more network posts →