Any sufficiently complex deterministicity is indistinguishable from stochasticity.
Postdoc of physics dealing with complex systems, chaos theory, scientific computing, networks, analysis methods, and theoretical ecology. To get an idea what I am doing, take a look at my publications or this journalistic report on my work.
My username is pronounced [ˈvʀ̩ʦl̩ˌpʀm̩ft] and comes from a list of names you should not give to your child, which in turn got it from this guy.
Member for 4 years, 8 months
3 profile views
Last seen Mar 15 at 14:42
- Academia♦ 43.1k 43.1k 1313 gold badges133133 silver badges210210 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 24.3k 24.3k 55 gold badges6060 silver badges132132 bronze badges
- German Language♦ 20.5k 20.5k 55 gold badges5858 silver badges121121 bronze badges
- Graphic Design♦ 12.6k 12.6k 55 gold badges5050 silver badges8383 bronze badges
- Mathematics 4.2k 4.2k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 225 Why shouldn’t I use Unicode characters to simulate typographic styles (such as small caps or script)?
- 178 What does the typical workflow of a journal look like?
- 172 Is declining an undergraduate award which causes me discomfort appropriate?
- 154 I got the following comment from a reputed math journal. What does it mean?
- 144 What does the typical workflow of a journal look like?
- 129 Why shouldn’t I use Unicode characters to simulate typographic styles (such as small caps or script)?
- 109 Graduation, site closure, and a clearer outlook on the health of SE sites
- View more network posts →