Studied Computer Science at the University of Saarland. Currently work as System Administrator and Network Security Specialist at ETH Zurich. I'm a Debian Developer and Zsh Committer. I'm a board member of the Linux User Group Switzerland.
My favourites: Debian, Perl, Git, GNU Emacs, Zsh, GNU Screen, Aptitude.
While I'm probably more active on computer and IT related StackExchange sites, I also like the simplicity of old, often electronic-free cars: I own a Citroën 2CV, a Citroën HY, and a Citroën CX 25 Break as well as a Fiat Ducato based motor home (disguised as Citroën Jumper :-).
I also own several bicycles, two Brompton folding bicycles, a Radius Hornet I recumbent bicycle, and a Croozer Cargo bicycle trailer (for holidays, shopping, etc.).
- Stack Overflow 5k 5k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi 990 990 1010 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing 725 725 11 gold badge55 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Webmasters 619 619 44 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Super User 524 524 66 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 419 How do I move an existing Git submodule within a Git repository?
- 55 Which Linux or BSD distributions do still support i386, i486 or i586 CPUs?
- 51 How can URLs have a dot . at the end, e.g. www.bla.de.?
- 23 How to get Chromium on raspberry 3
- 15 How to add ppa entries manually on Raspberry Pi
- 13 How to set gpg2 as default implementation of gpg on debian?
- 13 Why Does raspi-config Depend On triggerhappy?
- View more network posts →