My interests include statistics, data analysis, education, and programming in R and Python. I have a blog about statistics and programming.
- Text Mining with R: A Tidy Approach: a guide to drawing insights from text using the tidytext package in R. Co-authored with Julia Silge, and published by O'Reilly in July 2017. Also available for free online.
- Introduction to Empirical Bayes: Examples from Baseball Statistics. An e-book demonstrating the statistical method of empirical Bayes, based on the example of estimating baseball batting averages.
- Stack Overflow 71.4k 71.4k 1313 gold badges150150 silver badges174174 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 14.6k 14.6k 44 gold badges2222 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 4.6k 4.6k 44 gold badges2424 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- The Workplace 441 441 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 413 413 44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 720 What is the intuition behind beta distribution?
- 490 How to understand the drawbacks of K-means
- 195 How to use a variable to specify column name in ggplot
- 166 Django query datetime for objects older than 5 hours
- 163 R - do I need to add explicit new line character with print()?
- 137 Where should virtualenvs be created?
- 136 how to check the dtype of a column in python pandas
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Mar 3 '14