Member for 7 years, 8 months
I am hobbyist programmer for the most part, although I do write programs at work for my own use (my job used to occasionally involves working with massive piles of data and spreadsheets and comparing and/or extracting bits and pieces), so numerous short programs I have written with the help of SO have saved my sanity.
By day now, I am a Project Manager in the Telecom world and don't get to do the fun stuff anymore, but I am a BSEE & Telecommunications Engineer by trade and education, and the only formal programming training I have is in FORTRAN back in college. I'm self learned in C#, VBA, and a little VB6 mixed in, and my next goal is to try to learn Java.
I'm always looking to know more about C#, LINQ, XML, and XSD, and throw in some SQL as well.
In my personal life, aside from my precious time with my family, I enjoy golf in addition to the aforementioned programming, as well as new technology. I build computers once in a while and am running my own Home Theater PC.
- Meta Stack Exchange 30.6k 30.6k 44 gold badges6666 silver badges164164 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 8.2k 8.2k 88 gold badges5858 silver badges7777 bronze badges
- Pets 3.4k 3.4k 1717 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 2.9k 2.9k 22 gold badges2121 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- The Workplace 958 958 1010 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 103 Does GPS require Internet?
- 54 Has anyone else in the Star Wars universe ever run out of fuel?
- 54 How do I perform File.ReadAllLines on a file that is also open in Excel?
- 44 Can I ask only one question per post?
- 44 What are the fantasy secret hats you'd wish to get?
- 43 Validate XML against XSD in a single method
- 40 Why specifically was Obi-Wan Kenobi the "only hope" of Princess Leia?
- View more network posts →