Question: Android Virtual Microphone
Close vote reason:
This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:
- "This question does not appear to be about software recommendations, within the scope defined in the help center." – winterblood, unor, Nick Wilde, アズーサ, aman207
According to the help center, a question is required to have "a purpose — a task to accomplish, a user story" and "objective requirements — a minimum set of features".
The question in this case describes the following requirements:
- The ability to use a virtual microphone instead of a real one of a "headset".
- The ability to feed audio from files or other devices into the virtual microphone.
- Request for a Android Java library or documentation.
I admit that the question is not as succinct as it could possibly be and the request for documentation is furthermore off-topic. Apart from that, it is certainly a valid question for SR in my eyes.
- Why did it get closed?
- Why has no one of the closers left a comment explaining the close votes?
While this is of course not feasible (and desirable) for all off-topic questions, this question does deserve an explanation in my opinion since it actually fits the rules described by the help center.
EDIT As a general response to the two answers received so far:
To be clear, I don't directly say that closing the question had been the wrong action.
The question is not entirely off-topic as it also seeks for software recommendations.
I would therefore consider closing the question + leaving a helpful comment to be a much more welcome response — especially to new contributors.