As far as I know, asking for code libraries is on topic. I believe that asking for frameworks is too.
Would the following be on topic, asking for a skeleton app? If not, could it be made on topic?
I am a professional embedded software developer. I have some self taught web skills, with PHP & AngularJs 1.x.
Now, I am trying to develop an MS Outlook web add-in. I want it to be an angular JS app, without using MS Visual Studio. I plan to add a button to the tool bar, and invoking it will start an Angular app which I have already coded & tested.
Sounds simple, huh? Just drop the existing app into a web add-in skeleton.
I have spent my evenings and weekends for several weeks now, following one tutorial after another, and am still getting nowhere.
What am I look for is:
- an MS Outlook web add-in (not using Visual Studio)
- for the message compose pane, not message read, which what most of the examples are for
- it should add a button to the message compose frame, which launches my app in a window beside the compose frame
- I would not object to a button on the main ribbon which launches compose, with my app in the side window, but that is not "must have"
- when the app launches, an
alert("Hello, world");would be nice, preferably from the controller. That's all that it needs to do; I will provide the rest
If I can have that, I know that I can slot my app into it.