(I thought that we had a similar discussion, but couldn’t find it.)
Are software identification questions on-topic?
I.e., questions where the OP is not looking for options/alternatives, but for a specific software. In the usual case, such questions would only have one correct answer.
Here are some questions for discussion:
- Actual examples:
- Wiki software being used by GnomeWiki software being used by Gnome (Answer: MoinMoinMoinMoin)
- Conceivable examples:
- Which tool does Trinity use in Matrix Reloaded? (Answer: Nmap)
- Which OS was used to render Avatar? (Answer: Ubuntu)
- Which tool does Canonical use to build Ubuntu releases?
- What was the name of the driving game included in Windows 95?
- Which OS run Deutsche Bahn ticket machines?